Wednesday, March 20, 2013

Bucephalus


Today in Western Civilization class, I was completely taken off guard with the agenda. Honestly, I thought that we would be taking notes on LO-1 for chapter 5. I stood corrected when we started on a Google presentation on the topic that was assigned to us according to group number. My group (which consists of Harry, Katie, and myself) was assigned Alexander, the Great’s early years. I came up with the brilliant title name for our presentation, “Alexander, the Great Before he became Great.” Then each person in the group had to choose a sub topic under that topic that Mr. Schick had in the Google document with all the topic info. The information that I was put in charge of gathering for my group was Bucephalus. Bucephalus is the name that Alexander, the Great gave to his horse. Bucephalus means “Ox Head” in Greek and was used as Alexander’s horse’s name because it had a big head.  

No comments:

Post a Comment